Wednesday, April 6, 2011

getting your hopes up..

Getting your hopes up is the worst!
From the average of kids in my institute class that have gotten them in a week and a half I had my original plan for the glorious letter to be arriving today but my stake president told me because of general conference and the amount of papers going in right now it might be a week longer than that. Not wanting to die during the wait and be disappointed I have been preparing my self, self talk and all, helping my self be patient in the waiting process for the most important piece of mail, ever.
I failed today.
When I woke up this morning I was listening to some of the conference talks which got me really excited for my mission and I began convincing myself that the apostles are such rock stars that even the friday before conference they would be doing the mission choosing process. Granted they are rock stars even without making mission calls but it would seem that they had better things to attend to. All day today I got excited, nervous, anticipating where in the world I would be going. Where in the world would I succeed in the work.
I got my hopes up.
Made the phone call to my dad that he was to immediately text me when he got home today to tell me if it was in the mail. Then to deepen my excitement I received a text from my mother..
"Call me when you can :)"
Well in my mind I took this as her being sneaky, she had seen the letter and was wanting to tell me it was here on the phone. I call her the second I get out of work, she answers casually asking me how my day has been, all the while I am thinking she is still trying to drag me along, I interrupt her with too much excitement..
"Have you been home yet? Is it there?!?"
She didn't even remember it was wednesday, she simply had a thought to tell me about. I was bummed but my hopes did not falter they may have even grown in more anticipation. Waiting till two I kept checking my phone, it finally rings! I pick it up immediately excited, ready to skip classes tomorrow so that I could open it tonight, my dad proceeds to tell me..
"There's a big white envelope.... ... but it's from USU."
Bummer. My heart sank.
I know that whether it had come today or next week it will still be the same but I was really hoping it would be today.
Making it to next wednesday will be a challenge, but patience is a Christ like attribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment