Sunday, April 3, 2011

simple amazement..

this weekend was one that filled me with so much love and happiness..
starting off with a morning full of april fool jokes from my roommates that made me smile rather than making me upset or frazzled (two times soaking myself with the sink hose never hurt anyone) I was able to come home once again to enjoy my family, friends, and faith.
Friday I got to play with my girls enjoying chats and yummy food, laughter and the walmart video game, late bed times and disney magic there is little things better than a girl and her best friends having a conference sleep over.
I have always had a very special place for the chance I get twice a year to be uplifted and energized by the wonderful spirit and words of the lord and his modern day prophets. I am always excited for what exactly they will say especially concerning the state of the world today. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has changed my life is indescribable ways and general conference simply reaffirms my faith resolution and dedication as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Saturday morning I woke up with my friends and enjoyed the first session amongst discussion and breakfast before returning home with a costco run, more uplifting words, and dinner with my mom. The night ended in adventure include failed attempts at different activities with a visit from the police, a funny movie, and a blessed drive home that allowed me to successfully and safely return admist the crazy late night storm that hit sandy this weekend.
Today I was even more moved by the inspiration I received for myself enjoying the snow, the fireplace, and my comfy sweats. Though I could go on and on about the words heard from the prophets the part of the weekend that stuck out the most to me was the MTC segment put on in between sessions. With my upcoming mission call I was moved beyond belief by the power that the lord shares with those called to be a part of his work in these later days. The segment covered everything from the drop off, to the day to day life, to the reason and blessings of the work itself. The ability to see what was in my future killed nerves and ignited a very special excitement in me to get started doing what I am meant to do!
The rest of the day included one of my greatest hobbies, baking and cooking for my loved ones, with quality time and rest.
I am immensely blessed.
I know that Christ lives, he is my Savior and Redeemer who knows me personally, who died for me so that I could progress to my true potential in this life for eternity. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and know it to be the true way to come closer to Jesus Christ. I know that this church was restored by the true prophet Joseph Smith, that God the Father, His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost appeared to him to return God's power and authority to the earth. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the true church and that the prophets, seers, and revelators of this gospel speak the true words of the Lord which is why general conference is so special.
This weekend was very good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment