Tuesday, December 22, 2009

another one of the best days ever..

There are those days that make me realize just how awesome my life is. Everything goes right, the little things make me smile every minute and it is just wonderful. I had one of those days a couple months ago, it was an epic one for sure. You can ask my roommates, especially ashley after my 12 page journal entry we had many good laughs recounting the day.
This is the recount of my latest best day ever..

I have the past year developed an immense fear of the dentist. I don't know what triggered it or what exactly it is that scares me but they just do, or at least mine does. I can't even look him in the face. Since i know i have this fear, my day starting out with a dentist appointment was nothing i looked forward to, especially since it was at nine a.m. in the morning. The first good moment of the day surprisingly came from this appointment. Sitting in the chair, white knuckles from squeezing my hands so tight to get rid of my nerves, with the dental assistant cleaning away, mouth open, starring at the ugly ceiling with the bright light right above me i realized i could never be a dentist. The reason.. because i could never keep a good composure trying to work on someone that looks so ridiculous. Honestly i know for a fact i looked ridiculous making whatever face i was trying to keep my mouth open at the right angle, tongue just there haha just the image of that i would never be able to handle. This realization made me smile also finding out i was doing a good job of keeping my teeth clean and am cavity free. No dentist for me for awhile that alone could have made my entire day but it only got better from there..

From the dentist's office i went shopping and found the most perfect gift for my two nieces. I am so excited to give it to them. I also had to go and get my last shot from the doctor. While waiting in the waiting room i sat near a lady crocheting a doily and since i have just learned how to do it myself i struck up a simple conversation and am so glad i did. The nice lady proceeded to tell me her entire life's story.. how she learned to crochet, her crazy grandkids, how old she was at her greatest moments.. this story was just fabulous probably about half way through the story though her funny husband came out from whatever appointment he had at the doctors, he interrupted his wife and just said "can we go" his wife kept on with the story.. and so he just kept saying it she kept on with the story while she was putting on her coat and such. The story alone was making me smile but seeing just how much she was enjoying saying it was the best part.

Finally the husband got her to end her story and i went off to get my shot that hurt so so bad but it was the last one. Just another thing to smile about. While the valet was getting my car he put it in reverse too fast which made me giggle for a reason i don't know and then the drive home was perfect. The music oh so loud and the radio playing the best mix of songs, even the dancing crazy for other drivers to enjoy laughing at me all made for the best drive. Singing so loudly and dancing is the best natural high!

When i got home my dad asked if i would join him on a trip to Walmart. Since i know just how much he hates doing things alone i went along for the ride. My dad, he is just so one of a kind. It amazes me how he can take so long doing i don't understand what. We simply walked past the sausage and he was all "oh i bought some of that the other day.." haha so random.. i think he is where i get it from. :) We had to run to smiths too to grab one last thing and on the car ride there was more singing and dancing. Oh how i just love my dad.

When we got home i helped my dad make toffee which is always fun. Making treats always makes me happy because i feel if i am good at making treats i have a chance at being a good little home maker mom. One of my greatest goals. I then got myself ready for the day finally which is somehow super fun for me when it is accompanied with more good music and a good hair day :)

The next happy moment of the day.. i got to play with my great friend kade. Oh that boy just knows how to make me smile. We took a trip to walmart to find miss carny a birthday present, got some yummy pizza, funny conversation, and then got to watch Anastasia singing along with all of the good songs. After the movie we made our way up to syracuse to meet up with all of our logan buddies. We had to drive separate and to be honest the drive was a little scary i being me forgot my glasses, it was super foggy and all of the bright headlights from the opposite direction's traffic seeing super well was a little difficult but we made it to the family fun center all in one piece.
Sparetime as it is called was so much fun! Seeing everyone again was simply the best thing. I had missed my fantastic roomies even if it had only been about a week. Miss shantelle is definitely
going to be missed. We had a great game of laser tag where in a sucked it up completely. Then there was miniature golf in this crazy black light spray painted room it was so fun and kade showcased his out of the blue mad miniature golf skills. Then we bowled, i was so proud i actually did pretty good and everything. Carny loved her present of chapsticks and toffee which made me smile even more. Kade taught me how to spin the ball when i bowl. We got some arby's and went back for another round of miniature golf which was a pretty good time! :) after we were done there the place was closing so we made our way to michelle's adorable house. The boys rocked it out on beetle's rockband. Their voices are just impeccable haha probably around 6 guys all singing into one microphone it was hilarious. Then there was ice cream cake for the birthday girl. Thank you Michelle it was delicious! Luckily we planned a slumber party because by the end of the night i was exhausted. After blow drying by pajamas to warm them up before i put them on since sitting in my car had made them freezing being in comfy clothes felt so good. Michelle, Carny and I had some great girl chat and all squishing on michelle's bed we fell asleep.

As you can tell simply from the length of this post it was just a good day.
I love smiling.
I love laughing.
I love my friends.
I love all of my family.

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!
and am so so so so so blessed to have what i have!
hopefully more of these great days are soon to come :)

** sadly my camera is dead and the charger is up in logan so i have any real pictures**

No comments:

Post a Comment