Sunday, December 27, 2009

a fabulous couple of days..

christmas was way sweet this year. It was very chill, after relaxing and hanging out as a fam, christmas eve was spent at grandma burgon's lovely home. I am so grateful to have them as an adoptive family! Having jo, ash, and brooke as little sisters is just the best and having some sort of grandparent figure is just sweet. Their house is gorgeous, i love it to death! A sweet kitchen and cute christmas decorations everywhere.. I was very happy to have them back from their mission this year so that we could enjoy that tradition again.

They are even so sweet they got me a gift! Just like all of the other grandkids, I definitely felt special, especially when the blanket I got turned out to be purple just like my sheets up at college! Cami had a good laugh since I explained rather loudly that point while still opening it.. yes I am a dork, but i thought it was sweet. Lucky Me!!

After the amazing dinner and desserts and presents, the traditional nativity play took place. Such a fun thing to watch with everyone... especially since my awesome dad for the first camarella to participate in the actual skit served as an rather handsome wiseman. The towel turban and asian komono were just priceless!

The little twins we super funny during the play also. Running up to see baby jesus and dancing to the songs we sung those girls are such goofs. I was happy they got to spend at least christmas eve with us before going off to their dad's to enjoy christmas this year.

After the party up at grandma's I came home and crashed. I was so tired and sort of felt sick so I was out pretty fast. I tried to sleep in but I guess the little child in me wouldn't let me, once seven rolled around I could not fall back asleep not without a lack of trying though! This was one of the main differences this christmas. Our aging selves and slight loss of christmas magic was apparent in that my dad actually showered before we opened presents, we relaxed a little and ate our classic cinnamon rolls before we even started into opening presents.. and that was around 8:30 - 9 ish.. not our normal 6 a.m. wake up calls in our parents beds. I had three stockings this year, my normal one, my new one from the flamingo house, and my awesome princess one my sister so generously picked up for me. Santa was not fooled though, only one was filled with his magic and such but still I felt it looked pretty sweet!

I took the liberty this christmas to enjoy the wrapping process for all of my gifts for family members. Notice the great vintage bear paper and fabulous bow. All of my presents stood out from the rest and I enjoyed doing it all too much christmas eve morning..

Presents turned out very well I think. Everyone got lots of neat things. Jess and I got our christmas ornaments for the year. I was the only one this year that didn't get ready at least a little bit so I know the look is just the greatest but we are just such cute sisters!

My sweet gifts were an awesome cook book from papa so that I can conquer the kitchen up in logan. It was my first gift I felt all grown up about, I really am getting so old time flies it is crazy. I also got a snuggie! So stoked to use it!! I found out my roommate Carny got one also so we have already planned snuggie parties and such. Other awesome gifts.. my very own grape soda pin just like Mr. Fredrickson :), a melba replacement.. yes it did bring tears to my eyes but my mom has good taste in purses I just couldn't deny it. 500 days of summer is now in my possession as is perfume and gift cards and other such goodies.. I was truly spoiled this christmas!

After presents we of course visited the burgons and showed off all of our new gadgets and cute clothing it is tradition. Then we were off to see Sherlock Holmes as a family. It was strange not having the girls but i really enjoyed the movie. After the movie I randomly got sick, curled up and watched one of my new movies as my dad prepared my favorite part of christmas the italian feast.. though i knew eating anything let alone the types of food we had at that moment would not be good for me i debated and debated and finally just ate.. it was the wrong decision, about an hour later it all came back up which was miserable so I just went to bed yet again super early but overall this christmas was a success!! We had so much fun as a family and just enjoyed the simple spirit of christmas with each other.

Saturday was full of fun shopping and hanging out with the parentals and then watching steve attempt and josh conquer the eleven challenge at the wing coup that was an adventure for sure!! Those boys are sure brave!

Today church was early.. but very good! I got to be a sunbeams teacher once again for second and third hour. Those four year olds are just adorable! After a good sunday nap, the girls finally came back home and fell in love with their new toy kitchen, we had scrumptious dinner with the burgons, played some games and went downtown to see the lights.. don't worry my toes did lose all and total feeling of course..

As you can see.. the fabulousness of the weekend is apparent. I am bummed to see the christmas season pass because I love it just so much but this new year is sure to bring lots and lots and lots of adventures.. and I know it is only another year till we get to enjoy it all once again!

Oh how I love my abby baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment