Sunday, December 20, 2009

life being as crazy as it is..


blogging obviously has taken a back seat this semester..
too many things have happened to be able to catch up on it all but as a simple update..
my boys are gone, it was a very hard thing to get used to lots of tears were shed but though i didn't know if i would ever reach this point i am finally adjusted to life without them around all of the time. Letters and emails are my new favorite joys. Hearing all of their stories never fails to bring a smile to my face. I love missionaries it is as simple as that.. my wall of their pictures is enough proof of that.

The summer ended very rapidly. After lots of adventures with the character that was Juan, my boss at the dry cleaners, i moved back up to the great little town of logan. The flamingo house as we call it is my offical abode. With my first experience of sharing a room with someone, life living in our little shoe box as ashley and i refer to it has been fun with it's ups and downs. After the wasp infestations, getting used to the little boiler room and questionable shower bathroom, the intense out pouring of heat that comes from our ceiling vent, and the small closet space that is our armoire we have come to love our little space. We enjoy many great late night chats while falling asleep, singing loudly, dancing weirdly, laughing lots, and all of the other fun things ashy and i are so good at doing together.



Our house as a whole is also just as fun. I truly believe there has never been a better group of girls living together than the ones that i abide with in the flamingo. We have so much fun it is impossible to describe. We laugh non stop. We say the strangest things, just look in our quote book. There are always people coming in and out. We never miss a chance to chow down, sing loudly, or dance as though it was our last moment living. There have been tears of course as any house of girls would happen but i know i can count on those girls for anything and i believe they know the same for them. Someone is always there to listen to my not so exciting funny or dramatic moments of the day. In a nut shell.. we the flamingo house are the shiz.. too legit to quit.




Other things this semester have been my new major. I am in the FCHD major officially going into family and community services hoping to work in a head start program once i graduate. My classes this semester were amazing. With the exception of my stupid science class with crazy Dr. Sue i loved all of my other ones. Balancing Marriage Work and Family and Child Guidance were the most interesting classes, coming home on the weekends and getting to help my sister out with all of my new information learned and getting excited about raising my own kids someday i am in love with my major and am so excited for my future!

I have grown up a lot also this semester. Finally realizing my career goals and figuring out just who i want to be has been a fun transition. I have come to a new found love of my religion and my savior and i am so grateful to know who i am and my purpose in life. I realize i am only at just the beginning with lots of growing and learning ahead of me but i am so excited for it. I have amazing amazing friends and a family that no one can beat. I have realized just how important family really is and cherish every little simple moment with them. Also my baby abby, as annoying as the little princess can be, seeing her so excited every time i come home always brings a smile. Trying to keep close with my besties down here in sandy while living in logan has proven to be a true trial but i know that our friendships can last through months of not seeing each other because they are just that strong. I can never forget my girls at home they are so amazing i owe them more than i can ever describe.




The last huge thing that has happened this semester is JuJu's new dating life. Haha simply put it has been an adventure for sure! ask the roommates.. they can never fail to laugh at my blonde ignorant moments on handling the awkward situations i have found myself in in the past few months. They have even taken teams.. oh how i love them. Though the craziness of trying to balance too many people at once has died down for the moment (i hope) i know there will be many stupid funny moments in the future. Oh the joys of growing up, lets hope the immense fear of commitment subsides at some point before i am a forty year old spinster :)

As you can tell from this all too long post life is moving fast and only getting better.
I am enjoying every minute of it and excited to see what this next semester holds hopefully i can be better at keeping updated..
but until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment