Monday, February 14, 2011

a day of love..

Though the day began with one of the worst nights sleep ever and a very sick me, this Valentines day has been lovely.
Waking up to two adorable little faces telling me it was time to open presents was the best way to begin. I then proceeded to snuggle with my puppy (even though I was still a little bugged she hogged my bed last night) and got to watch while those two little girls enjoy their candy, new panties, and lip gloss. I received a lovely card and delicious candy covered apple and made the decision that I was going to skip my first class.
After returning to bed for a little bit of catch up sleep I got to behold the most adorable thing..true love at it's finest..


My parents have been married for 30 years, in addition to the 6 years of dating, they have loved each other for awhile now. Regardless of this fact, this morning I got to help my father pick out his best outfit so that he could look studly sharp as he surprised his beautiful wife, my wonderful mother, with a gorgeous bouquet of red roses. The amount of excitement he had reminded me of a high school boy stoked to surprise his crush with a valentine.
It was endearing.
It was adorable.
And it gave me a picture of what I want to strive for in marriage.
I want to marry my best friend, I never want to lose that giddy feeling and forget to do the simple things.
Love is beautiful.

I finally had to get up and get ready to head back up to Logan for work. The drive was good to me today, with windows down, amazing music like this, this, and this were the perfect addition to the wonderful gratitude I was enjoying thinking of how many people i truly love in this world. I have had a grin from ear to ear with all of the love that is in my heart.

This year Valentines Day knows no feelings of jealousy or sadness over being single.. This year it is filled with love, so much love!!

Happy Valentines Day to all of the people that have stretched my heart and brought a smile to my face!

*My valentines gift to my dad was cleaning and organizing the closet. He was thrilled!
**Mommy's gift was a saturday of girly movies, crying, and cozying with blankets. Much needed and much enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. first: your blog looks adorable! i especially love the header.
    two: love lost is one of my favorite songs.
    three: home is an absolute top 5 favorite song ever.
    four: love the sweet gifts you gave to your parents.

    ReplyDelete