Thursday, March 31, 2011

the simple click..

today was gorgeous.. sunny with the slight breeze that makes you even more grateful for the impending season, grateful for my comfy sweater choice that kept me at just the perfect internal temperature.. walking outside today I felt like something special was in my future.
It is not a shock to those really close to me that this semester and the change in roommates was really hard on me. I have been blessed to make some of my greatest best friends simply from the fate of random roommate assignments. My life would not be what it is now if i didn't have my flamingo girls. It was not until this semester that they finally all moved out, moved on, attending to the things they need to accomplish in life. As much as I am so happy for each of them and where they are at now I had a really hard time adjusting to living with no one that really understood me. No one that got my weird humor, that was able to get me out of any funk, allowed me to wallow on the bad days and helped me make some the best..
My roommates now are different. They are amazing women, talented, and uniquely different than me and thusly I was faced with the decision to either put myself out there or wade out the semester alone. I watched as they all clicked with one another as an outsider wishing for the past to be relived. They are simply a different speed than I am and it took some adjusting to, a conscious decision to make it good again and so I did, I decided to try..
The result, the past two days have simply worked. I can't pin point the reason, I don't know what changed but i felt a click tonight. Tonight, at an amazing concert featuring the one and only Marny Proudfit our wonderfully amazingly talented roommate.. Intermixed into the bobing and people watching, the enjoying and catching my first free t-shirt I finally felt the roommate click set in. It just happened in one of those moments you wish to never forget the mental picture it just felt good and I am so grateful for it.
This last month up in logan will be bitter sweet for me, maybe being my last time living in logan I want to live up every moment before I move on to the next exciting stage in my life. Having roommates to laugh with and connect with will make this possible..

So that click, the small realization that for this last month I have the chance to really enjoy the flamingo house and fill my time with slim in six, treat wars, laughing, and talks.. it brings a smile to my face. Simple and set.

1 comment: