Sunday, March 13, 2011

rejuvenation..

spring break is a wonderful idea, whoever came up with it is a genius.
this week was simple but perfect!
the only plans I had when the week began were doctor appointments and getting my wisdom teeth out, not very exciting or promising but my week with no school was full of the simple kind of fun, the relaxing happy moments that know how to rejuvenate a person for the rest of the semester.
beginning with the bieber movie I proceeded to enjoy a wonderfully uplifting sunday full of messages of womanhood and the not so prideful self love we must have for ourselves in addition to a small photo shoot downtown for my missionary papers. To be able to see all of the sister missionaries so happy and willing to share I was stoked to be this far into the process. The girls enjoyed the visiting center and the fountain and though it was freezing and a little rainy it was a great outing.



Monday and Tuesday I could have been productive but I chose not to, I instead ran errands with my father enjoying some lovely daddy daughter bonding time and relaxed with my mom watching reruns and cooking.
Wednesday was an accomplishment for me. I don't love sushi I have had it twice previously and enjoyed it but only because I was along for the activity but for some reason I was craving it last week. My best friend was more than happy to help me full fill my craving and coincidentally Sam had a hankering for it also thus Wednesday night I enjoyed a delicious Mexican roll as Shogun after a fun little adventure of navigating through the confusing U of U campus to find the lovely miss Jess.
Thursday was the most eventful, I was poked and prodded at my physical with no food or water to keep me satisfied then whisked into my wisdom teeth surgery. I hate dentists they make me nervous and walking into a little surgery room where all of the medicines and utensils and scary looking things organized and ready for me freaked me out. I was one of those patients that nervously tries to make small talk with the dumbest questions I could think of. The worrying was for nothing as it turns out, after waking up and failing to be able to talk I returned home with a delicious spoon me and rested the rest of the day while envying my entire family and their cafe rio dinner. Another event that transpired thursday was the arrival of my aunt sheri! Oh how I love her!
The rest of the weekend was a blur of pain and medication and a whole bunch of cooking! I was lucky enough to not have the huge cheeks syndrome that comes after most wisdom teeth surgeries and therefore was lucky enough to be able to enjoy a little bit of the delicious things me and my aunt whipped up.
My family is Sicilian meaning we love food. My aunt is very talented at cooking and therefore the entire weekend was full of cooking shows and food discussions and grocery store runs, cupcakes and meat sauce, creme brulee and manicotti all from scratch! literally the shells for the manicotti were hand made by me! It was amazing! I have never had so much fun in the kitchen I got to enjoy bonding with my aunt more than I ever have before discussing my mission and life at home and old memories of my dad and growing up. It was rejuvenating.







* THE absolute best cupcake you will ever eat in your entire life.. DIVINE smores cupcake!






My best friends also came to see me being the sweet people they are. Bearing ice cream and hugs, even a new mug for my collection! We were able to catch up and be entertained by two hyper little children. I honestly love them I don't know how else to put it, I am so very grateful for their short visit and their amazing friendship.

I extended my spring break for one extra day on monday since class was canceled and I was having such a good time at home, it was another simple day with my family but that is what I enjoy most. I am a home body, I love my family and enjoy simply being around them even if does not involve an elaborate activity.
I loved my spring break! I am happy to be back to a routine but I loved my spring break and it proved very effective in it's purpose.
I am rejuvenated.

No comments:

Post a Comment