Saturday, March 5, 2011

sincerity..

sincerity [sin-ser-i-tee] : a person lacking deceit or hypocrisy,
a trait that i find most admirable in the people around me.
Sadly more and more often this attribute is lost in trying to save face or seem cool but I was reminded yesterday by a long lost friend how lovely this trait can be.
I have this friend, and truth be told my first year of college I had a hidden crush on him but that is because this boy is sincere.
This boy has the kindest heart I have ever seen, he is a true romantic, adorably cute, hardworking.. this boy is a catch when it boils down to it but it all ties back to his sincere heart.
Yesterday I ran into him. Me being the awkward person I am will admit that I sometimes avoid old friends in fear that they do not want to talk to me, but this friend, with his kind heart stopped just so that he could talk with me. We commenced on our way to school talking and catching up easily, simply, it was refreshing.

The experience brightened the rest of my day so that I was able to entirely enjoy..
[a] listening to music and proudly walking home with sass knowing that no one else could hear the music i was jamming to.
[b] blasting and belting my favorite tunes with windows down and sunglasses on soaking in the sunny weather
[c] consuming my favorite food with lovely, friendly conversation
[d] falling deeply and madly in love with justin bieber viewing the wonderfulness of "Never Say Never"
[e] having a justin bieber concert of our very own in the car
[f] visiting old friends and making new ones in a city down south..

it was a good day, all the way through..
sincere friends are the best of friends and I am grateful to have many of them..

No comments:

Post a Comment